Earlier this month Irish strength coach and academic John Kiely provided a biting criticism of periodization as it is known by most people. While we like to think of it as scientific, it is based on a shaky foundation that favors the plan rather than the process. You can read the critique in its entirety here. But as frustrated as Kiely is with the common talk about periodization, he is also optimistic about the way forward. When we continued our discussion, this was his main focus.
Latest on HMMR Media
- Where the IAAF’s Qualifying Procedures FailedAugust 30, 2015 - 04:18
- Training Talk with John Kiely (Part 2)August 28, 2015 - 07:03
- Sports-Specific Training SeminarAugust 27, 2015 - 13:37
- 2015 World Championships Preview: Women’s Hammer ThrowAugust 25, 2015 - 03:53
- Episode 12: The OffseasonAugust 24, 2015 - 05:41