Getting old sucks. I looked around at our national team this summer and realized I have literally been throwing longer than some of the athletes have been alive. Everyone wants to go out on the town after the final event and when I was their age I could do that and then throw a personal best in the morning off of no sleep. But now all I can think about is that it will set my training back for days. As we get older our body does not act the same as it used to. This is just one example. It is still possible to improve, but you have to fight harder and harder for every inch.On this week’s episode we talk about how to fight for those inches.
Latest on HMMR Media
- HMMR Podcast Episode 26: This Old Man (with Benn Harradine)November 30, 2015 - 04:12
- Musings on Coaching ExcellenceNovember 30, 2015 - 01:08
- Training Talk with John Pryor (Part 3)November 29, 2015 - 06:48
- Musing on Athletic ExcellenceNovember 29, 2015 - 00:54
- Training Talk with John Pryor (Part 2)November 27, 2015 - 08:57