So your training is evidence based. Who has gathered the evidence? What actually is the evidence? I get it, it is published and peer reviewed – so what? So much research I see is still on untrained college students with a very small number of subjects for six weeks to nine weeks in duration. It always makes me wonder. I am very partial to practice based evidence. Find someone who has been there before, preferably many times, and ask him or her why they do what they do? What mistakes they made and how they corrected them. Learn from others who have a multitude of experiences. Coaches cannot afford to wait for research to tell us what to do. Coaches lead and innovate and science will follow. The ultimate proof is sustained excellence in the competitive arena.
http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/VernGambetta-04.jpeg 300 201 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hmmr_logo_red.png Vern Gambetta2014-08-23 08:58:382015-02-03 08:59:34Evidence Based
Latest on HMMR Media
- GAIN X – Short but SpectacularJune 23, 2017 - 12:20
- Sharpen Your KnivesJune 23, 2017 - 11:43
- GAINcast Episode 70: Peak Performance Part 1 (with Brad Stulberg and Steve Magness)June 22, 2017 - 09:37
- Creating a Strength Plan for RunnersJune 21, 2017 - 05:25
- 2017 USATF Championships Women’s Throws GuideJune 21, 2017 - 05:25