https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gambetta2.png 551 552 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2015-04-07 05:10:492015-04-07 05:10:49Functional Path Training Principles
Functional Path Training Principles
These are the principles that I use to guide me on journey on the Functional Path:
- Have a current accurate road map – Start with a plan, execute it, and evaluate it constantly;
- Think big picture – Build and rebuild the complete athlete;
- Fundamental movement skills must be mastered before specific sport skills can be acquired and advanced training undertaken;
- Learn to use the ground – Build & rebuild the athlete from the ground up;
- Train the core as the center of the action;
- Train sport appropriate – You are what you train to be;
- Build a work capacity base appropriate for your sport;
- Train Linkage – Connect toenails to fingernails;
- Think Long-Term – Training is cumulative;
- The individual athlete is the focus – Recognize, train and rehab the individual;
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!