- What is the difference?
- Can I replicate that?
- Will that work in a different environment and situation?
- Is that result an outlier?
- Where do you go from here?
- How do you dial it up or dial it down?
- Is what you are doing facilities, equipment and technology dependent?
- If so can you do it without facilities, equipment or technology?
- What is the absolute minimum you do to achieve an adaptive response?
- If you have just achieved a personal best or won a championship – What do you have to do to get better?
- How do you measure the effectiveness of your training program?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- Who or what inspires you?
- Can you explain what you do to a ten year ?
- What are you personally doing to get better as a coach?
- Where will the biggest gains in your sports come from?
- Where are the possibilities for marginal gains?
- Do you have mastery of the basics?
- Do you review the basics everyday? If not why not?
- How do teach and refine the technical model of your sport?
- Is your technical model sound?
- Who is your alter ego? Who keeps you on track and honest?
- What are the facts?
- Is what you are doing proactive or reactive? Why?
- Does your system and methodology rely only on evidence based practice or does it take into consideration practice based evidence?
- Who are your role models?
When it is all said and done the words of Gertrude Stein come to mind:
“The answer is there is no answer.”
-Author Gertrude Stein
So keep asking questions to grow and learn.