https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/books_2016_2.jpg 1200 1012 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2016-12-22 10:23:152016-12-22 10:27:28My Books of the Year – 2016
My Books of the Year – 2016
In 2016 I have read 148 books these are my choices for books of the year. I have no particular criteria. Generally if the book makes me think and stimulates good ideas or teaches me something I did not know before they make the list. The books reflect my eclectic interests. Often one book will stimulate my curiosity to look deeper into a topic like the Citizen Science book has done or it may stimulate me to read more of a particular author. I actually have a couple of more I will share before the new year.
- The ALL NEW Don’t Think of an Elephant!: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate by George Lakoff
- Ordinary Geniuses: How Two Mavericks Shaped Modern Science by Gino Segré
- The Neo-Generalist: Where You Go Is Who You Are by Kenneth Mikkelsen and Richard Martin
- Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
- The Geography of Genius: Lessons from the World’s Most Creative Places by Eric Weiner
- Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World by Adam Grant
- Visual Intelligence: Sharpen Your Perception, Change Your Life by Amy Herman
- Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers, Third Edition by Robert Sapolsky
- The Serengeti Rules: The Quest to Discover How Life Works and Why It Matters by Sean Carroll
- Citizen Scientist: Searching for Heroes and Hope in an Age of Extinction by Mary Ellen Hannibal
- The Undoing Project: A Friendship That Changed Our Minds by Michael Lewis
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!