Coaching Athletic Development for Swimming From Design to Implementation
The GAIN swimming network is part of the GAIN network whose goal is to provide an experience that will significantly enhance participant’s expertise by sharing information with other professionals in a setting that encourages an open exchange of ideas. GAIN Swimming follows a workshop format consisting of lecture, discussions, hot topic panels, team spotlight presentations, practical learn by doing participation and demonstration. If you are sincerely interested in advancing your professional development as a swim coach apply now.
Mission Statement: To instill a culture of daily physical preparation that grows & nurtures adaptable swimming athletes who understand the wisdom of their bodies, its ability to self-organize and solve movement problems.
Goal: At the end of the journey all physical limitations are eradicated and the swimmer is ready technically, tactically, physically and psychologically to compete to win.
What is Dryland training?: It is more than just another workload that you impose on your swimmers. It must be highly correlated with the objectives of the water workout to achieve optimum results.
Dates & Site: September 8-10, 2017: Carmel Swim Club, Carmel, Indiana
Benefits: Access to GAIN Swimming Forum on secure web site and access to the GAIN Swim library including videos of past GAIN Swim Conferences.
Cost of Attendance
- In Network – (Those that are currently using GAIN swimming services) $750 for three coaches, $100 for each additional coach
- Individual – $750
- Outside Network – $1500 for three coaches plus $100 for each additional coach
Location: Carmel Swim Club, Carmel Indiana
To Register: Register here. Deadline for registration is September 1
For Further Information – Please contact Vern Gambetta at email@example.com, Chris Plumb at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ian Murray at email@example.com You can also contact the Carmel Swim Club directly at 317-575-8244.
The Faculty: Our faculty is experienced professionals who have been in the trenches working in the field of athletic development for swimming.
- Vern Gambetta – Founder of GAIN Network, pioneer in dryland training for swimming
- Chris Plumb – Chris Plumb is the Head Coach/CEO of Carmel Swim Club.
- Ian Murray – Associate Head Coach of Carmel Swim Club
- Chris Webb – Head Coach, T2 Aquatics in Naples Florida
Friday September 8
- Registration – 3:00 to 4:00 PM
- Opening Session – 4:00 to 7:00
Saturday September 9
- Early Morning – Observation of Carmel Dryland – 6:00 to 8:00
- Breakfast – 8:00 to 9:30
- Morning Session – 9:30 to 12:00
- Lunch – 12:00 to 1:30
- Afternoon Session – 1:30 to 5:30
- Evening Dinner & Social (No Host)
Sunday September 10
- Morning Session – 8:30 to 1:00