In January 2016 we launched the GAINcast and now, two years later, we’re 100 episodes deep and still going strong. On this episode of the GAINcast we look back at our goals, our process, favorite episodes, topics, and lessons learned from sharing ideas.
Notes and Quotes
- 4:45 – The goal of the GAINcast.
- 6:15 – How the GAINcast got started and the power of conversation. “The real gems come out through conversation, not lectures. “
- 11:00 – The process and finding topics.
- 19:15 – Creating learning routines and stepping outside your comfort zone. “Great people in any endeavor are the generalists willing go outside their field. “
- 23:30 – Vern’s favorite episodes and topics.
- 28:30 – Martin’s favorite episodes and topics.
- 33:00 – Looking forward: Don’t neglect physical literacy. Physical literacy can be developed in parallel to sports skills.
To hear more about these topics you can listen to the full episode above. If you like what you hear on the GAINcast, don’t forget to give us a review and subscribe on iTunes.
The following links were referenced in the podcast or provide some additional reading material on the topic:
- Applications just opened for GAIN 2018. Learn more here and we’ll see you in Houston in June.
- Don’t forget to join HMMR Plus. Sign up and get access to numerous webinars, online meetups, articles, our sports science newsletter, and more. This month’s theme on the site is testing, with contributions from top coaches like Bryan Mann, Craig Pickering, Arno Galmarini, and more to come.
- We referenced numerous past episodes of the GAINcast. Rather than list them all again, it’s best to just check out our detailed archives with a listing of each episode and guest.