http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/VernGambetta-04.jpeg 300 201 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2018-02-15 14:02:452018-02-15 14:02:45Some totally random thoughts on training
A few thoughts on training to start the day:
- Observe laws of motor learning and principles of skill acquisition.
- Consider all types of muscle action – eccentric/concentric/Iiometric is designing a strength training program.
- Structure of movement must resemble what occurs in competition.
- Sensory input must resemble what occurs in competition.
- Training should reflect the dominant physiological demands that occur in competition
- Strength is not an independent motor quality.
- Take advantage of reflex action actions, most specifically stumble and extension reflex.