We’re proud to announce our next seminar tailored specifically to training for the throwing events. On June 16th Nick Garcia and I will be presenting at Rice University in Houston. Through both classroom instruction and demonstrations, we’ll show you various ways to program for the heavy throws, share our training plans, walk participants through key exercises and progressions, and more. It willl be a great opportunity to learn and see first hand how to put a program together in a variety of ways.
- Register: Click here to register.
- Presenters: Martin Bingisser (Swiss national hammer coach, founder HMMR Media) and Nick Garcia (Notre Dame High School throws and S&C coach)
- Date: Saturday, June 16, 2018
- Location: Rice University Track (Team Room), Houston, Texas
- Start time: 1:00pm registration, 1:15pm start
- Finish time: apx. 6:00pm. The day will end with a roundtable discussion over catered BBQ (optional, charged separately), so we may linger longer to talk shop.
- Cost: $75. Late registration after June 1 will be $100.
- Classroom instruction:
- Traditional year-long and 12-week planning for throws.
- Applying the Bondarchuk system to throwers.
- Case studies and an open discussion on both traditional and Bondarchuk periodization.
- Practical sessions:
- Warm ups, jumping progressions, and med ball circuits for throwers.
- Demonstration of specific strength exercises for the shot put, hammer and discus.