October 2019 in review: core strength
Everyone talks about the need for a strong core, but what exactly is the “core”? What function does it serve? How do we train it? And how do we progress training? This month on HMMR Media we sought some answers to those questions with 3 new member videos, 2 podcasts, and 7 new articles from 11 contributors.
Below you will find links to our new resources on the topic. You can also find more information on the topic by browsing around the site, such as the core section of our movement library. As always, become a HMMR Plus Members to get complete access to all of the resources below, including the premium content in the HMMR Classroom. You can find overviews of past monthly themes here.
» Past themes: see a full archive of our past monthly themes here.
Resources on core strength
New videos and podcasts
- Member video: Medicine ball training with Vern Gambetta
- Member hangout: Core strength and trunk stability
- Video lesson 20: Rethinking core training with Leigh Egger
- GAINcast Episode 172: Core training roundtable with Ola Eriksrud and Joe Przytula
- HMMR Podcast Episode 207: Core competency with Derek Evely
- Progressions for core strength by Nick Garcia
- Moving beyond the plank by James Marshall
- All training is core training by Vern Gambetta
- Thoughts on back pain from a recovering physio by Tracy Fober
- The myth of core stability by James de Lacey
- 5 thoughts on the core from October HMMR Hangout by Martin Bingisser
- Understanding and training cocontractions in high intensity movement by Leigh Egger and Huub Habets