November 2019 in review: foundational strength
We took a step back to the basics this month by looking at building foundational strength. Foundational strength is that strength quality that establishes the trainability for all the other strength qualities. Throughout the month we put together 1 new video, 3 new podcasts, and 4 articles from 10 contributors.
Below you will find links to our new resources on the topic. You can also find more information on the topic by browsing around the site, such as the core section of our movement library. As always, become a HMMR Plus Members to get complete access to all of the resources below, including the premium content in the HMMR Classroom. You can find overviews of past monthly themes here. Sign up this week and get a free copy of Training Talk: Conversations With a Dozen Master Coaches.
» Past themes: see a full archive of our past monthly themes here.
- Taking leg circuits to the next level by Martin Bingisser
- Assessing foundational strength by Domhnaill Fox
- The ingredients for a solid foundation by Nick Garcia
- Long and strong: why athletes need both by James Marshall
New videos and podcasts
- Video Lesson 21: Rebuilding the foundation with Jack Skille and Steve Myrland
- GAINcast 174: Foundational strength roundtable with Steve Myrland and James Marshall
- HMMR Podcast 209: Foundations with Vern Gambetta
- HMMR Podcast 210: World Cup reflections with John Pryor and Leigh Egger
- Implementing the Gambetta Leg Circuit by Vern Gambetta
- Progressing the Developing Athlete by Nick Garcia
- Creating and implementing template-based training by Nick Garcia
Archived videos and podcasts
- Video Lesson 13: Leg Circuits with Nick Garcia
- GAINtalk 1: Sticks and Straps with Steve Myrland
- GAINtalk 7: Foundations of movement and rhythm with Greg Thompson
- GAINcast 76: Foundation Training
- HMMR Podcast 146: Leg day