Summer is in full swing and we’ve got a lot of different ideas on our mind: why social media turns us into absolutists, how every tool has a place, what we are doing to continue adapting training to COVID-19, and how to make the best brisket. We cover them all on this week’s episode, with a few rants mixed in as well.
Notes and quotes
- 1:45 – The many roads to Rome: “I’m tired of guys getting on social media saying you CAN’T do this or HAVE to do that. There are many roads to success.”
- 5:30 – Defending the 1-arm snatch.
- 6:30 – The coaching toolbox: “All these different things are tools. On social media everyone says this is a bad tool for one thing, so it’s a bad tool for everything. That’s just taking down a straw man. Almost any piece of equipment has some use.”
- 8:00 – Speed ladders.
- 11:30 – More on the 1-arm snatch.
- 13:00 – Trolling vs. learning on social media.
- 17:00 – Tips for grilling.
- 23:30 – Sensible preseason testing after COVID-19.
- 27:15 – Individualizing training after lockdown and
- 30:00 – Adapting to new training restrictions.
To hear more on these topics, listen to the full episode above. Also be sure to subscribe to our podcast and review it on iTunes.
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives. Our site July site theme is physical education, so check back for more on that topic as the month comes to a close.
- Some more rant episodes: Episode 203, Episode 164, Episode 103, Episode 80, and Episode 60.
- Read the full LA times article on coaches turning to BBQ.
- Nick also discussed some more about his passion for BBQ on Episode 13.