August 2020 in review: training programs
In August we launched a new section of our site dedicated to sharing training programs. The monthly theme also focused on training plans as we compiled 8 new training plans, 5 new articles, and 2 podcasts on the topic. You’ll find all the new resources below. Be sure to join HMMR Plus to get access to our complete archive.
As always, become a HMMR Plus Members to get complete access to all of the resources below, including the premium content in the HMMR Classroom.
» Past themes: see a full archive of our past monthly themes here.
New training programs
- Nick Garcia: 8-week throwing program
- James de Lacey: 8-week rugby preseason plan
- Mona de Lacey: 8-week weightlifting competition cycle
- Martin Bingisser: 6-week Bondarchuk program training journal
- Vern Gambetta: 14-day microcycle for NFL combine prep
- Vern Gambetta: 800 meter training plan
- Vern Gambetta: foundational strength programs
- Vern Gambetta: leg circuit training programs
New articles and podcasts
- The principles of preseason planning by James de Lacey
- Tips for adding exercise variation to a training plan by Martin Bingisser
- The balancing act of planning by Nick Garcia
- The downsides of sticking with the plan by Craig Pickering
- Planning with minimalism by Vern Gambetta
- HMMR Podcast Episode 229: The 8-week plan
- HMMR Podcast 230: Preseason planning (with James de Lacey) with James de Lacey