The site theme in October is rethinking periodization, culminating in this week’s GAIN Master Class event on the topic hosted by Vern and Martin. Below are even more new resources on the topic that we published throughout the month, including the topic content from our articles on periodization.
- GAINcast Episode 198: Perspectives on periodization – Why old models just don’t cut it any more.
- GAINcast Episode 199: Systems thinking – What we can learn from the power of systems.
- HMMR Podcast 233: NCAA roundtable – A look at how NCAA coaches are solving the challenges of planning during a pandemic.
- Periodization in uncertain times by Xavier Roy
- 4 lessons learned on planning and periodization by James Marshall
- Using Bondarchuk as a pandemic planning solution by Martin Bingisser
- Developing strategic pillars for success by Craig Pickering
- A planning framework for weightlifting by James Marshall
- The role of stress in performance by Craig Pickering
- Simplifying Bondarchuk by Martin Bingisser
- Training Talk with John Kiely: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- The evolution of periodization by Martin Bingisser
- An overview of traditional approaches to periodization and Modern trends in periodization by Derek Evely
- An alternative to periodization by Nick Lumley
- Talking tactical periodization with Dean Benton
- Implementing of the Bondarchuk system in a high school by Nick Garcia
Archived videos and podcasts
- HMMR Classroom Lesson 11: Understanding stress and adaptation with John Kiely and Martin Bingisser
- HMMR Classroom Lesson 1: The Basics of Bondarchuk with Martin Bingisser and Martin Bingisser
- HMMR Classroom Lesson 3: Periodization & Planning Trends with Vern Gambetta and Martin Bingisser
- GAINcast Episode 61: The Future of Periodization with John Kiely
- GAINcast Episode 67: Periodization Trends with Dave Tenney
- December 2016 Hangout: Simple planning solutions