August 2017 Happy Hour: Accelerating the Hammer
- Sergej Litvinov explains his approach to accelerating the hammer and the differences between active and passive acceleration.
- What makes hammer different than other throwing events and how does that impact acceleration strategies?
- Accelerating the hammer as a beginner vs. as an experienced athlete.
- The limitations of language and the need for independently-minded athletes.
- Kevin McMahon describes his approach to accelerating the hammer.
- Chasing a feeling and how you know when you’ve found it.
- Finding freedom for the hammer.
- Litinov’s thoughts on the best technique among current throwers.
- How Yuri Sedych described his best throws.
- The impact of orbit on acceleration.
- How much can/should you push the hammer?
- How early should you establish connection with the hammer in the winds and start accelerating?
- The impact of entry on acceleration.
- Teaching beginners to throw and accelerate the hammer.
Sorry, the rest of this article or content is available to members only.
Already a member? Login below…