December 2016 Happy Hour: Simple Planning Solutions
For the December 2016 Happy Hour, we discussed simple planning solutions. Topics included:
- The lack of evidence showing more complex periodization models work better;
- Nick Lumley explains how he takes a simple and flexible approach to working with his Scottish 7s rugby players;
- The role of planning and progressions with simple approaches;
- Modular approaches to training and planning used by Nick Garcia and Vern Gambetta;
- Finding continuous chances to train and the value of continuity;
- The value of intense short training sessions;
- How simple approaches help give athletes ownership of the program;
- The role of monitoring in individualization and finding the minimum/maximum effective dose; and
- Testing as training.
Sorry, the rest of this article or content is available to members only.
Already a member? Login below…