GAIN Video 13: Teaching movement and rhythm (with Greg Thompson)
In these two practical demonstrations, physical education teacher and coach Greg Thompson breaks down how to teach different types of movement and rhythm. The first 22-minute video focuses on key locomotor patterns and how these can be stressed in group environments in games. The second 22-minute video explains methodology for teaching rhythm as well as examples using jump rope and line dancing.
Locomotor patterns and stressing them
- Basic locomotor patters and variations
- Group training ideas
- Tag variations
- Chasing with gait perturbations
- Tips on teaching
- Basic jump rope movements
- Methodology to teach rhythmic movement
- Examples of methodology in jumping rope
- Examples in dance
- Final thoughts on teaching
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Already a member? Login below…