GAINtalk 5: Warming up (with Vern Gambetta)
In this 35 minute video, Vern Gambetta shares his approach to creating both general and sport-specific warmups. This video was originally released as a DVD by Gambetta in 1996 and includes descriptions and demonstrations of all elements of the warmup.
This product is available exclusively to HMMR Plus Members. Please sign up now to access. If you are having trouble accessing please contact us for support.
- Explaining Vern’s approach to warming up
- Aerobic activity, loosening, balance, core, and other movements.
Specific warm ups
- Warm up #1: basic warm up
- Warm up #2: lateral speed and agility
- Warm up #3: coordination and body awareness warm up
- Warm up #4: strengthening and greater amplitudes of movement warm up
- Warm up #5: continuous warm up
- Cool down
- Dynamic flexibility
GAIN is a coaching network offering coaches a community to grow, and annual events to learn and network. The annual flagship GAIN event takes place in June with details announced in December. The week-long event brings together top coaches from around the world to share best practices on athletic development, sports medicine, the art of coaching, and more.
GAIN also helps produce the GAINcast podcast where coaches can listen weekly for new coaching tips. In addition, other GAIN events are hosted throughout the year and members get access to the below video and hundreds more on the GAIN website.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…