July 2017 Happy Hour: Bondarchuk for Team Sports
For the July 2017 Happy Hour, we discussed applying Bondarchuk’s periodization concepts to team sports. Topics included:
- Where Bondarchuk’s methods could provide help to team sports.
- The difficulties in adapting Bondarchuk’s complex periodization methodology to a team sport.
- Nick Garcia’s experience applying Bondarchuk’s concepts outside of track and field.
- General issues coaches face when taking an individual sport methods to a team sport environment.
- Defining specific strength for team sports.
- How to plan when on-field activity is not under your control.
- Melding Bosch and Bondarchuk.
- Training in season vs. out of season.
- Measuring “sport form” in a complex sport.
- Thoughts from Derek Evely on how other Bondarchuk methods (e.g. complex-variation method) can be good options.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Already a member? Login below…