Lesson 11: Understanding Stress and Adaptation
In this lesson instructors John Kiely and Martin Bingisser propose a new model for understanding stress and adaptation. After breaking down the traditional understanding and outlining modern advances in science, they propose a useful paradigm through which coaches can understand the complex influences on the individual adaptive response.
Part 1: Stress models
- Understanding Hans Seyle and the classical model of stress response
- Criticism of the General Adaptation Syndrome
- Recent research in stress and the new model of stress response
- Allostasis vs. homeostasis
Part 2: The 6 filters of adaptation
- The 6 major influences on adaptive response
- Strategies coaches can use to help focus adaptive resources
- The latest research on emotions and the role of stress in training response
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Already a member? Login below…