Lesson 8: Lifting for Runners
In this lesson instructors Carrie Lane discusses why distance runners should need to be strong and how they should integrate strength training into their plan. With a background as both an NCAA Division I distance and throwing coach, she knows both endurance and strength. She uses this experience to give practical examples of how to work on strength with endurance athletes. This video builds off of Lane’s three-part article series on the topic.
This product is available only to HMMR Plus Members. If you are having trouble having access please contact us for support.
Part 1: Why Lift?
- Increasing running economy
- Adding variation to training
- Accelerating recovery and preventing injuries
Part 2: How to Lift
- Exercises to develop running economy
- Useful coaching cues
- Using circuits to accelerate recovery
- Best practices in planning strength training
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…