As a former Olympic sprinter, international medalist, and Olympic bobsledder, Craig Pickering knows a thing or two about competing at the highest level. But he also knows about what’s going on behind the training. After receiving a BSc (Hons) in Sports and Exercise Science from Bath University, is finished his doctoral degree at the University of Central Lancashire.
Pickering is currently Director of Performance Sustainability for Athletics Australia. He joined Athletics Australia as Pathways Manager in May 2019, before moving to his current role in December 2021. Prior to the he worked as Head of Sports Science for genetic testing company DNAFit.
- 60m – 6.55 seconds
- 100m – 10.14 seconds
- 200m – 20.89 seconds
Athletic Career Highlights
- 2008 Olympian (4x100m); Qualified for 2014 Olympics (Bobsled)
- European Indoor Championships, 60m – Silver (2007)
- European U23 Championships, 100m – Silver (2007)
- European Cup, 100m – Gold (2007)
- World Championships, 4x100m – Bronze (2007)
- World Championships, 100m – 11th (2007)
- AAAs Under-23 Championships, 100m – Gold (2006)
- European Junior Championships, 100m – Gold (2005)
- World Youth Championships, 100m – Bronze (2003)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!