After decades coaching elite track and field and rugby, Kelvin Giles has turned his attention more recently to youth development. Kids are no longer learning how to move, and we need to address it from the ground in both our approach to training and coaches education. On this episode Giles joins us to discuss foundational movements, coaches education, the pillars of performance, advice to beginning coaches, and how national governing bodies can support performance. Read more
In taking a page from the Silicon Valley playbook, sports performances teams worldwide are in search of the next way to innovate and disrupt their field. But when you look at the results in most cases people overthink innovation. This week’s episode looks at how coaches can implement the right change in their organization to bring about real improvements.
This Episode’s Question: How can coaches best implement innovation and change?
Latest on HMMR Media
- A New Kind of SeminarMarch 24, 2017 - 05:35
- GAINcast Episode 57: The Strength Coach & The Way of the DinosaurMarch 23, 2017 - 12:50
- The Use and Abuse of Statistics in SportMarch 22, 2017 - 10:09
- Strength Coach & The Way of the DinosaurMarch 22, 2017 - 10:08
- HMMR Podcast Episode 94: Multi-Directional Speed (with Ken Clark)March 20, 2017 - 15:02