After decades coaching elite track and field and rugby, Kelvin Giles has turned his attention more recently to youth development. Kids are no longer learning how to move, and we need to address it from the ground in both our approach to training and coaches education. On this episode Giles joins us to discuss foundational movements, coaches education, the pillars of performance, advice to beginning coaches, and how national governing bodies can support performance. Read more
In taking a page from the Silicon Valley playbook, sports performances teams worldwide are in search of the next way to innovate and disrupt their field. But when you look at the results in most cases people overthink innovation. This week’s episode looks at how coaches can implement the right change in their organization to bring about real improvements.
This Episode’s Question: How can coaches best implement innovation and change?
Latest on HMMR Media
- Guru or CoachFebruary 21, 2017 - 12:21
- HMMR Podcast Episode 90: Method Man (with Bryan Mann)February 20, 2017 - 05:41
- The Role of Specific Strength Exercises in Team SportsFebruary 17, 2017 - 12:31
- Unforgiving, Relentless and UndefeatedFebruary 17, 2017 - 05:17
- GAINcast Episode 52: Winning Culture (with the Carmel Swim Club)February 16, 2017 - 07:17