https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/vern_youtube.jpg 180 320 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2015-03-23 04:41:222015-03-23 06:46:56Factors to Consider when Developing a Plan
Factors to Consider when Developing a Plan
Here are some factors to consider when developing a comprehensive training plan. This is not rocket science, but each factor must be carefully considered and factored into the plan.
- Demands of the sport and the position or event
- The qualities of the individual athlete
- Pattern of Injuries relative to the event
- “24 Hour Athlete” Concept – What are they doing when they are not training?
- Gender – Female athletes must have different training programs
- The time frame available to execute the plan
- Specific goals of the training program
- Developmental Level
- Current state of fitness
- Current level of technical development
- Competitive Schedule
- Qualifying Format
- Championship Format
- Fast Adapter
- Slow Adapter
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!