https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/6a00e5521cccd0883401a511d60f37970c-320wi.jpg 356 320 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2015-03-29 07:11:352015-03-29 07:11:35More Training Do’s and Don’ts
- Know your strength and weaknesses as a coach. Accentuate your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.
- Define yourself do not let others define you.
- Design training sessions that foster and encourage discovery. Do not create robots or athletes completely dependent on the coach.
- Do not try to reinvent the wheel, chances are that if you do your homework someone has done something similar before and you can build on that.
- Never lose sight of the fact that training is a means to an end, not an end in itself. Training is preparing to compete.
- In season training is essential. To train extensively in preparation and not train in-season can be worse than no training at all.
- You are never ready, put it on the line. How else do you know where you are? Test yourself. Without risk there is no reward.