We are almost there to the start of GAIN 2015 our eighth gathering. Each one has better than the previous one, this year is shaping up to be the best ever with new delegates from all over the sporting world. It has developed into the professional development community/network I hoped it would be when I started it. We have three areas of focus 1) Physical Education 2) Sports Medicine/Rehab 3) Coaching/Athletic Development. There is no better experience than top professionals in these three areas asking questions, challenging each other and sharing.
To focus on the possibilities for enhancing human movement with no limits or limitations and emphasize connections and links between all disciplines in the same manner we emphasize connections and linkages in the body.
- Provide a career defining educational experience for all involved
- Define the field of Athletic Development
- Reinforce the concepts that:
- Training = Testing and Testing = Training
- Training = Rehab and Rehab = Training
GAIN VIII Theme
Applying practice based evidence to ensure a difference in performance.
Each day we have a theme that directs out teaching and attention. The daily themes for this year are:
- Day One – Getting Started
- Day Two – The Foundation
- Day Three – The Application
- Day Four – The Next Level
- Day Five – Bring It Home
Hopefully next year you will be able to join us for GAIN or a GAIN specialty event starting next fall.