Here are the conclusions to my presentation on LTAD at the 2015 NSCA Convention in Orlando. We know the problems we need to focus on solutions, here are mine:
- Reinstitute mandatory daily physical education K – 12 NOW!
- Stop trying to identify the athletically gifted instead lets give them all the gift of athleticism
- Declare “Adult Free Zone” where kids can just play
- More play days – Less structure along with fewer leagues and tournaments
Some final thoughts:
- DO participate in a variety of sports and activities
- DO NOT try to “hurry up” the development process
- DO NOT specialize too early
- DO NOT lose sight of long-term objectives
- What is the final goal?
- Were good life skills taught?