December 2017 in review: rest and recovery
After focusing on getting back to the basics in October and adaptation in November, we turned our attention to a new site theme in December: rest and recovery. Throughout the month we compiled best practices in this area from top coaches, including Dean Benton (English Rugby), Mike Bahn (formerly of US Ski), Nick Lumley (Edinburgh Rugby) and Vern Gambetta. We also got input from Matt Foreman on recovery as you age, and Craig Pickering on some of the science behind recovery. Combined, it will get you thinking about how to approach the topic going forward.
Become a member to get the most out of HMMR Media. In addition to archived articles and podcasts, you get access to more in depth interviews with leading coaches. Plus Members also get access to our video classroom and sports science library.
- GAINcast 97: Recovery
- Episode 134: Endure and recover (with Nick Lumley)
- Episode 131: The Masters Athlete (with Matt Foreman)
- Training Talk with Dean Benton Part 1 and Part 2 by Martin Bingisser
- Balancing recovery and adaptation by Mike Bahn
- A framework for recovery methods by Nick Lumley
- The science of sleep by Craig Pickering
- Looking beyong the headlines: putting research in context by Craig Pickering