A few thoughts on training to start the day:
- Observe laws of motor learning and principles of skill acquisition.
- Consider all types of muscle action – eccentric/concentric/Iiometric is designing a strength training program.
- Structure of movement must resemble what occurs in competition.
- Sensory input must resemble what occurs in competition.
- Training should reflect the dominant physiological demands that occur in competition
- Strength is not an independent motor quality.
- Take advantage of reflex action actions, most specifically stumble and extension reflex.