https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Bookshelf.jpg 532 800 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2018-04-19 11:02:342018-04-19 11:06:042018 current readings
2018 current readings
So far in 2018 I have read 39 books. Here are the books that particularly stood out:
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing by Daniel Pink
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups by Daniel Coyle
- A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam by Neil Sheehan
- Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance by Alex Hutchinson
- The Geography of Thought: How Asians and Westerners Think Differently…and Why by Richard Nisbett
- Directorate S: The C.I.A. and America’s Secret Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Steve Coll
- The Away Game: The Epic Search for Soccer’s Next Superstars by Sebastian Abbot
- The Dawn Watch: Joseph Conrad in a Global World by Maya Jasanoff
- The Last Man Who Knew Everything: The Life and Times of Enrico Fermi, Father of the Nuclear Age by David N. Schwartz
- Fascism: A Warning by Madeline Albright (I highly recommend this book as particularly relevant given the state of the world today.)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!