https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/theme_sept19full.jpg 472 900 Martin Bingisser http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Martin Bingisser2019-09-28 10:12:442019-11-01 17:03:09September 2019 in review: reflective coaching
September 2019 in review: reflective coaching
Reflective practice is a way of studying your own experiences to improve the way you work. Reflective coaching is doing the same to become a better coach. This month we are explored ways coaches can learn from their successes and failures to take a step forward. Below are all of our new resources on the topic, including several new articles, podcasts, and videos.
» Past themes: see a full archive of our past monthly themes here.
Resources on reflective coaching
New videos and podcasts
- HMMR Podcast 205: The 2019 debrief – Nick and Martin break down their performance as coaches this year.
- September 2019 HMMR Hangout: reflecting better – 6 HMMR contributors and members trade ides on the topic.
- HMMR Podcast 206: Abusing Gravity – Guest Chris Kilmurray talks about training mountain bikers and his post-race analysis process.
- Reflective practice for coaches by James Marshall
- Finding the right feedback for reflective coaching by James Marshall
- Feedback should be reflective, not reflexive by Martin Bingisser
- 5 keys to a successful debrief by Mike Bahn
- The value of unstructured conversation and talking shop by Martin Bingisser
- GAINcast 51 a look at the debrief with Vern and Martin
- GAINcast 7 and GAINcast 121 on coaching better with Wade Gilbert
- GAINcast 131 on getting better feedback
- HMMR Podcast 59 on subjective feedback (with Dan Pfaff)
- HMMR Podcast 37 on becoming a better coach with Vern Gambetta
- HMMR Podcast 189 on reflective coaching with Xavier Roy
- The 4 R’s of debriefing: reason, reality, reflection and response. Vern Gambetta reflects on lessons learned from Frank Dick on debriefing
- Our Dan Pfaff interview shares insights on how he uses debriefing and other methods to improve training.
- For a look at how we debrief and have reflected on our own performance, you can check out Nick and Martin’s discussions on HMMR Podcast 169, HMMR Podcast 117 HMMR Podcast 110 and HMMR Podcast 71