https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Bookshelf.jpg 532 800 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2019-12-16 14:11:492019-12-24 08:32:242019 best books – Vern’s picks
2019 best books – Vern’s picks
These are my picks for the best books I read in 2019. As you can see I am light of sport and heavy on history and biography.
- Coaching Children in Sport: The Carver Framework by Paul Kilgannon
- El Norte: The Epic and Forgotten Story of Hispanic North America by Carrie Gibson
- The Passion Paradox by Brad Stulburg and Steve Magness
- Working: Researching, Interviewing, Writing by Robert Caro
- The Patch by John McPhee
- Genesis: The Deep Origin of Society by Edward O. Wilson
- Churchill: Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts
- Range: Why Generalists Triumph in A Specialized World by David Epstein
- The Dreamt Land: Chasing Water & Dust Across California by Mark Arax
- This Land: How Cowboys, Capitalism, and Corruption are Ruining the American West by Christopher Ketchen
- Fire and Fortitude: The US Army in the Pacific War, 1941–1943 by John C. McManus
- The MVP Machine: How Baseball’s New Nonconformists Are Using Data to Build Better Players by Ben Linbergh and Travis Sawchik
- Educate: A Memoir by Kara Westover
- George Marshall: Defender of the Republic by David L. Roll
- The Night Fire by Michael Connelly
- Dreams of El Dorado: A History of the American West by H.W. Brands
- My Life and Rugby: The Autobiography by Eddie Jones
- Science and Application of High Intensity Interval Training: Solution to the Programing Puzzle by Paul Larsen and Martin Buchhiet
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!