Throughout February we took a look at skill acquisition, motor learning, and teaching technique. Below you’ll find all of our new content on the topic, including highlights from our archive that give some more insight on the area.
Below you will find links to our new resources on the theme. As always, become a HMMR Plus Members to get complete access to all of the resources below, including the premium content in the HMMR Classroom.
- GAINcast 182: Skill acquisition – ideas from Vern on how coaches can improve skill acquisition.
- HMMR Podcast 216: Ahead of the curve (with Gary Winckler) – Sprint coach Gary Winckelr discusses how his approach to skill acquisition evolved over his career, how he thinks about coaching technique, and more.
- Some thoughts on changing practice by Vern Gambetta
- Training talks with Gary Winckler, Dan Pfaff, and Frans Bosch. All are included in our book Training Talk.
- Finding the right cue and Cue staleness by Martin Bingisser
- Skill acquisition: beyond motor learning by Vern Gambetta
- 4 things I learned from Frans Bosch and 4 more things I learned from Frans Bosch by Martin Bingisser
Archived videos and podcasts
- Video lesson 7: Robust running with John Pryor on exercise design to improve sprint mechanics
- GAINcast 135 and GAINcast 136 with Frans Bosch and John Pryor on adapting the training environment for better skill acquisition
- HMMR Podcast 128 with Paul Venner on the role of instability in motor learning
- GAIN Video 7: Foundations of movement and rhythm with Greg Thompson
- GAINcast 81: Changing practice