The Jack Skille Show coming May 1
I’m excited to announce a new project in collaboration with HMMR Media: the Jack Skille Show. The first show will drop on May 1, but you can already subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, or via RSS on other platforms.
After moving to Park City last offseason I became more involved in youth hockey development. That opened my eyes to the lack of quality information for parents, athletes, and coaches at this level and was driving force behind creating this show. While the show will expand in the future to cover a variety of topics, on season 1 our focus will be on development. This includes:
- Obtaining better clarity about what it takes to reach the top and what it means to be a professional
- How to support your athlete in achieving their own goals.
- How to look out for positive and negative environments.
- What coaches are looking for at all levels.
- How to manage a negative coaching or development environment in a positive way.
We will share our own perspective on these questions, as well as drawing on our networks to answer these questions from multiple perspectives. After a long professional career I’ve met so many people that love the game and want to give back to the community. We’ll have some of these people join us as guests, including Jonathan Toews (Chicago Blackhawks captain), Angelo Ricci (Philadelphia Flyers skills coach), Jack Johnson (Pittsburgh Penguins), and even my father. Stay tuned and reach out to us if you have topics you’d like to see us cover.