On Episode 10, we wrap up season 1 by looking back at our past episodes, and what we learned from talking to Olympians, NHL captains, elite coaches, and my father. In addition, we share our key thoughts on development and put together a checklist for what to look for in a successful development program.
- 0:00 – Highlights from season one.
- 3:00 – Gracefulness and athleticism.
- 7:00 – Youth coaching perspective on LTAD.
- 12:15 – Dealing with fear and having fun.
- 17:00 – What to look for in a youth program structural: “If your coaches don’t have a plan, it is a sign the broader program doesn’t really care about what plan the coaches have.”
- 24:00 – Fun and passion in a program, winning: “If youth coaches are going to be passionate, be passionate about the right things: development and process, not winning.
- 29:30 – Looking forward to season 2.