https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/gain_vern_2016.jpeg 758 758 Vern Gambetta http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Vern Gambetta2020-07-12 09:36:332020-07-12 09:36:33More lessons learned
More lessons learned
Here are some thoughts from my morning walk the other day. The focus is on what I have learned from my experiences. It also includes some things I have observed. Always interested in your feedback and thoughts.
- Listen more, talk less.
- Speak to inform, not command.
- Be willing to say “I was wrong.”
- Don’t confuse the message with the messenger.
- If you are going to do something, do it to the best of your ability, make it yours, OWN IT!
- If someone says we don’t do it that way here, then go somewhere else.
- If you are the smartest person in the room, find another room.
- What you don’t say is as important and what you do say. There is power in silence.
- Just because you tried it before, and it didn’t work doesn’t mean it won’t work now. Situations, circumstances and people change.
- If the last word summarizes the conversation then getting in the last word is acceptable, if not shut up!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!