Sometimes transitions are planned, other times they just happen. Blake Geoffrion’s was on the path to stardom when his professional hockey career came to an abrupt end with one hit. On this week’s episode of the Jack Skille Show he talks about his career and how he had to suddenly change course to find new dreams.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:30 – Reflecting on a winning environment at the University of Wisconsin: “If the team does well, everyone does well. You’re more likely to get noticed, more scouts come to the game. Winning creates opportunities.”
- 13:45 – Growing up in Tennessee and finding hockey.
- 19:30 – The fork in the road, military school, and leaving Nashville.
- 25:00 – Moving to National Team Development Program, changing roles, and accepting adversity.
- 31:30 – The draft and post-draft.
- 38:30 – The hit.
- 47:30 – Retirement and sudden change.
- 57:00 – Finding new dreams.