https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/skille_s2e6.jpg 900 900 Jack Skille http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Jack Skille2020-12-31 06:21:462020-12-31 06:34:37Jack Skille Show Season 2, Episode 6: Season finale
Jack Skille Show Season 2, Episode 6: Season finale
Throughout season 2 of the show we’ve shared different perspectives on transitions. We’ve talked with people in different situations and on different paths. But over and over again the same themes start to emerge. On this week’s episode we bring things together by discussing some key takeaways and common themes from the season.
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:00 – Integrating into the team.
- 5:30 – Preparing athletes for the next level and learning to accept new roles: “In a new situation you have to have the mental fortitude, or the maturity to understand your place in the structure to not complain. Do your job consistently every day.”
- 10:30 – Transitioning leagues: “There’s a time to be a voice and there’s a time to be an actions guy. And most of the time it’s actions, not words, that are needed. So show up early and to the little things.”
- 18:15 – Pressure on foreign players.
- 23:30 – The value of purpose.
- 29:30 – Getting out of your comfort zone.
- 32:30 – Trusting in faith: “Whatever you believe in, trust it. What’s the sense in believing in something if you don’t trust it.”