The site theme in November was technology and sport. Throughout the month we put together 5 new articles and 3 new podcasts from 7 contributors about how to effectively integrate technology into training. You’ll find all the links below, as well as highlights from our archive on the topic.
- GAINcast 202: Technology in sport – Tips from Vern and Martin about on the role of technology in sport, how to evaluate it, and how to best use it.
- HMMR Podcast 236: Rethinking VBT with Wil Fleming – A new take on velocity-based training.
- HMMR Podcast 235: Half truths of training – Breaking down training myths including some about which technologies can help or hurt training.
- Penetrating the data smog through better visualization by James Marshall
- Using technology to integrate testing, training, and teaching with Dean Benton
- More data isn’t always the answer by Craig Pickering
- Navigating the technology paradox in sport by Martin Bingisser
- Digital twins and the future of data modeling in sport by Craig Pickering
- A critical look at player tracking technology by Martin Bingisser
- Key questions in data science for sports by Craig Pickering
- From big data to smart data by Craig Pickering
- Thoughts on the future of coaching by René Sack
- Technology and training by Martin Bingisser
- Implementing augmented reality into training by Craig Pickering
Archived videos and podcasts
- GAIN Video 4: Lessons from the Sydney Roosters – Lachlan Penfold’s presentation looks at how technology can be put in practice, with examples of player monitoring, GPS, and more from rugby league.
- HMMR Podcast Episode 33: Technology in training – Nick and Martin share their favorite tech.
- Member Hangout November 2016: Toys, equipment, and gadgets – Members share ideas and tips on technology.