On our last episode we dove in deep into the listener mailbag. But we ran out of time before getting to the best questions. Therefore we pick up where we left off on this week’s episode, exploring questions on brisket, throwing, transfer of training, and more.
Notes and quotes
- 0:00 – Introduction.
- 3:30 – Prepping a brisket and cooking tips.
- 8:45 – Overcoming the stall.
- 11:00 – Process vs. products. “Training is just like preparing a good brisket. Start with quality meat, add simple ingredients, be patient, and don’t forget to rest it when you’re done.”
- 14:00 – Resources to to improve/learn without consistent coaching.
- 19:00 – Training post-collegiately.
- 23:30 – Learning to accelerate an implement.
- 27:00 – Training and lifting for the throwing events: “Talk to your athletes and see what lifts give them confidence. Use those and you will not only get strong, but gain mental confidence.”
To hear more on these topics, listen to the full episode above. Also be sure to subscribe to our podcast and review it on iTunes.
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives.
- For some more resources on training for the throws, visit our throw topic page.
- Nick also shared some grilling tips on Episode 228.
- You can hear us answer more Q&A on Episode 246, Episode 241, Episode 213, Episode 199, Episode 176, Episode 174, Episode 143, Episode 126 and Episode 89.