The site theme in May was medicine ball training. As one of the most versatile training tools available, there is a lot you can do with a medicine ball. Throughout the month we shared some practical examples of how top coaches are using medicine ball training, as well as programming tips. Below we have links to all our new and archived content on the topic, including 5 new articles, 2 new videos, and 2 new podcasts from 8 contributors.
New audio and video
- Video Lesson 28: Advanced medicine ball training with Nick Garcia and Martin Bingisser
- May 2021 Video Hangout: Medicine ball training for tennis with Johnny Parkes and Matt Kuzdub
- HMMR Podcast 248: Throwing the ball around with Zach Dechant
- HMMR Podcast 249: Med ball madness
- Finding purpose, direction, and planning for medicine ball training by René Sack
- Training design considerations for the medicine ball by Vern Gambetta
- How medicine balls work their magic by Vern Gambetta
- Medicine ball myths and truths by James Marshall
- Medicine ball training for tennis by Johnny Parkes
- GAIN Video 10: Medicine ball training – Vern Gambetta shares his approach to medicine ball training, with demonstrations of more than 75 exercises training the whole body.
- Video Lesson 5: Medicine Ball Routines – Nick Garcia walks through his four key medicine ball routines for heaving, pressing, total body throws, and general athleticism.
- How to get the most out of medicine balls by Martin Bingisser
- Integrating medicine ball training into the plan by Martin Bingisser
- Force summation through medicine ball training by Nick Garcia
- All training is core training by Vern Gambetta
- Making your throws training more reactive by Martin Bingisser
- Medicine ball wall series by Patrick McHugh
- Time for some med ball by Martin Bingisser