Our final site theme of 2021 was sports science. Throughout December we looked at what we can learn from the latest findings, plus how coaches can best integrate and analyze sports science research. Find links to both our new and archived resources on sports science below.
New training programs and podcasts
- GAIN Video 18: Sorting sports science in a digital era with Peter Weyand
- GAINcast 232: Science at the track with Esa Peltola
- Every month Craig Pickering’s Sports Science Monthly breaks down the latest sports science research in terms coaches can understand Since 206 we’ve published 70 editions summarizing more than 350 research articles. Our Sports Science Monthly archive organizes all the topics by date and subject.
- Our coach’s guide to sports science series: understanding science for coaches, what makes for good research, critical elements for effective sports science, and becoming a better consumer of sports science.
- In addition to his monthly sports science series, Craig Pickering has published more than 60 more articles on sports science available in his archives.
- Professor Warren Young’s archives also provide some cutting edge takes on the science of sprinting, jumping, and more.
- 4 sports science research trends to keep an eye on by James de Lacey
- Coaching significance vs. statistical significance by Vern Gambetta
- Sports science: moving beyond numbers by James Marshall
- GAINcast 27: Sports science
- GAINcast 192: Monitoring with Aaron Coutts and Franco Impellizzeri
- GAINcast 83: Power physiology with Angus Ross
- GAINcast 63: Supporting champions with Steve Ingham
- GAINcast 80: Performance team with Peter Vint
- GAINcast 134: Sports science has lost its way with Tony Strudwick
- GAINcast 210: Sleep science with Pat Byrne
- GAINcast 205: Nutrition science with Stuart Phillips
- GAINcast 203: Speed reserve with Gareth Sandford
- GAINcast 188: The green zone with Stephen Seiler
- GAINcast 221, GAINcast 180, GAINcast 59 with Dr. Michael Joyner
- GAINcast 177: Training tendons with Keith Baar
- GAINcast 118: It’s all about effort with Alex Hutchinson
- GAINcast 89: How speed happens with Peter Weyand