https://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/episode_275.jpg 315 600 Martin Bingisser http://www.hmmrmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HMMR-Full-Logo400.png Martin Bingisser2022-06-06 09:52:002022-06-07 11:01:05HMMR Podcast Episode 275: Championship debrief
HMMR Podcast Episode 275: Championship debrief
The California State Championships are perhaps the hardest competition in high school sports. This year Nick sent 6 throwers to the meet and walked away with 7 podium finishes. On this week’s podcast we take a look at the meet, how to prepare for it, and the unique path each athlete took to achieve their success this season.
Notes and quotes
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 2:00 – Understanding the California high school sports system.
- 4:45 – The dynamics of the state meet.
- 6:15 – Notes on meet organization.
- 8:00 – Recap of the results and in-competition adjustments in the women’s discus.
- 11:15 – Overview of the training group results.
- 14:15 – Mastering the discus.
- 15:30 – Deciding which system to use: a look at the beginner system.
- 18:30 – Deciding which system to use: the Bondarchuk system.
- 20:45 – Deciding which system to use: technique only.
- 23:30 – Deciding which system to use: the Conroy system.
- 26:00 – Integrating private and school teams.
- 28:00 – Final thoughts and reflections.
To hear more on these topics, listen to the full episode above. Also be sure to subscribe to our podcast and review it on iTunes.
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives. This month’s site theme is jumping, so keep an eye out for more on the topic in the coming weeks. You can learn more about jumping and sprinting on our topic page.
- We’ve talked a lot about the various systems used by Nick’s athletes this season. For more on the Bondarchuk system, watch Video Lesson 1: The Basics of Bondarchuk. For more on the Conroy system, listen to our interview with him on Episode 243 and Nick’s 8-week throwing program. For more on the beginner system, see additional videos in the HMMR Classroom on its various components.
- For some more thoughts on peaking, check out Episode 4.
- To learn more about discus and shot put technique, watch Video lesson 17: Rotational throwing progressions with Nick.