Designing the perfect training space is as much about the thought you put into it as the equipment you purchase. It’s more about finding the space you need rather than building the space you want. On this week’s podcast Patryk Bielawski of innovative equipment manufacturer Bridge Built joins us to look at factors to consider when putting together your own space so that you can get the most out of it.
Patryk Bielawski is a former Division I football player and founder of Bridge Built, an innovate fitness equipment company. Bridge was launched 10 years ago and continues to push the envelope with new products and high quality.
- This episode is brought to you by HMMR Plus. Become a member for full access to our videos, articles, and podcast archives.
- You can learn more about Bridge Built on their website or Instagram (@BridgeBuilt).
- We talked about some equipment topics on the last Episode 296. Equipment was also the topic on Episode 74 and building a home gym on Episode 54.
Key quotes and topics
- 0:00 – Introduction.
- 3:00 – Designing your training space: “The first and most important question in designing your gym space is how do you train?”
- 7:00 – Finding space: “Your most valuable piece of equipment in your gym is your floor space. The more floor space you have, the more versatility you have.”
- 9:00 – Beyond the walls: “Find a way to connect your gym with other spaces, indoor or outdoor. If it feels separated too much, you’re going to use it less.”
- 12:45 – Continuously improving your gym: “Designing your gym doesn’t stop once it’s built. Keep asking what am I using, what can I get rid of? If you aren’t using it, it’s just taking up valuable space.”
- 15:00 – Organizing your gym: “A lot of people don’t use some equipment just because they forget they have it. Good organization also helps you use everything you have.” “I often explain if you look at our racks, we could do a thousand different things on those racks. If you look at a one leg extension machine, you could do one thing.”
- 18:45 – Innovation: “Our number one core value is innovate, never replicate.” “If all you’re doing is copying people, it’s literally just a race to the bottom. when you copy somebody, your competitive advantage is price.”
- 24:00 – Giving a sh*t: “Our business strategy is that as long as we give a sh*t the most and have the most GAS, I think we’re gonna be fine.”
Join Now to Keep ReadingThis is just the beginning. To continue reading this article you must be a HMMR Plus member. Join now to get access to this and more content. Learn more and sign up here. If you are already a member, log in here.