GAINtalk 4: Lessons from the Sydney Roosters (with Lachlan Penfold)
In this 66 minute presentation, Melbourne Storm director of performance Lachlan Penfold breaks down the lessons he learned while helping Sydney Roosters to the National Rugby League title in 2013, including his approach to athlete monitoring and performance. This was presented at the annual GAIN conference, with the full presentation available for GAIN members in the GAIN library.
Setting the stage
- Introducing rugby league and the Sydney Roosters
- The starting physical situation
Starting the change
- Defining focus skills and values
- Creating the right environment
- The role of the performance manager
Putting it in practice
- Player monitoring and defining guidelines
- Creating loading parameters and feedback mechanisms
- Implementing GPS as a tool
- Developing football speed
GAIN is a coaching network offering coaches a community to grow, and annual events to learn and network. The annual flagship GAIN event takes place in June with details announced in December. The week-long event brings together top coaches from around the world to share best practices on athletic development, sports medicine, the art of coaching, and more.
GAIN also helps produce the GAINcast podcast where coaches can listen weekly for new coaching tips. In addition, other GAIN events are hosted throughout the year and members get access to the below video and hundreds more on the GAIN website.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Already a member? Login below…