GAINtalk 8: Total speed (with Vern Gambetta)
In this 53 minute video, Vern Gambetta shares his approach to training speed. This video was originally released as a DVD by Gambetta in 1990s and includes descriptions and demonstrations of all elements linear and multi-directional speed training.
This product is available exclusively to HMMR Plus Members. Please sign up now to access. If you are having trouble accessing please contact us for support.
Basic speed training
- Active warmup for sprinting
- The PAL Paradigm: Posture, arm action, and leg action.
- Sport specific starts
- Acceleration rhythm and skill
- Acceleration resisted and assisted methods
Lateral speed and agility (LSA)
- Skills drills – basic exercises
- Change of direction
- Lateral speed and agility resistance and assistance
- Advanced change of direction
- Lateral speed and agility plyometrics
GAIN is a coaching network offering coaches a community to grow, and annual events to learn and network. The annual flagship GAIN event takes place in June with details announced in December. The week-long event brings together top coaches from around the world to share best practices on athletic development, sports medicine, the art of coaching, and more.
GAIN also helps produce the GAINcast podcast where coaches can listen weekly for new coaching tips. In addition, other GAIN events are hosted throughout the year and members get access to the below video and hundreds more on the GAIN website.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…