July 2020 Hangout: Planning and autonomy in PE
In this month’s hangout we look at several concepts in physical education including how to plan PE and athlete-led training methods.Joining HMMR Media founder Martin Bingisser as several guests including site contributors James Marshall and René Sack, award winning PE teachers Greg Thompson and Andy Stone, and Johnny Parkes from USTA the Player Development team. Topics covered:
- Learning from lockdown PE
- Athlete-led training and athlete autonomy
- Reflective practice
- How to start developing autonomy
- Warming up throwers
- The value of unstructured training
- Distancing from technology during training
- Comparing generations of children
- Promoting exploration
- Greg Thompson’s structure for rise and shine sessions
- Andy Stone’s structure of PE class
- Strategies to start training.
- Planning for adult PE with Martin.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…