June 2018 Hangout: Beyond the methods
We often talk about the plan and training methods. But many other factors influence success. In the June 2018 Hangout, we have a wide-ranging discussion examining many of these other success factors with guests Martin Bingisser, Mike Bahn, Steve Myrland, Tracy Fober and Donie Fox. Topics included:
- Highlights from GAIN 2018 and building networks.
- Sharing stories of our influences and learning about coaching from individuals like John Thrush.
- The role of personality in individual vs. team sport coaching.
- Communicating and coordinating with external coaches, including examples from Jimmy Radcliffe.
- Finding common goals and develop rapport with external coaches (and vice versa).
- Offseason training challenges in professional sports and the art of coaching remotely.
- Getting a different view of an athlete through another coach.
- NFL vs. NHL training culture and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Offseason demands in ski and snowboard and fostering independence among athletes.
- Working with physicians and learning from physicians.
- How team dynamics and competition can improve intensity and quality of training.
- Explaining your thought process and summarizing your training philosophy in one sentence.
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Already a member? Login below…