Lesson 11: Understanding Stress and Adaptation
In this lesson instructors John Kiely and Martin Bingisser propose a new model for understanding stress and adaptation. After breaking down the traditional understanding and outlining modern advances in science, they propose a useful paradigm through which coaches can understand the complex influences on the individual adaptive response.
This product is available exclusively to HMMR Plus Members. Please sign up now to access. If you are having trouble accessing please contact us for support.
Part 1: Stress models
- Understanding Hans Seyle and the classical model of stress response
- Criticism of the General Adaptation Syndrome
- Recent research in stress and the new model of stress response
- Allostasis vs. homeostasis
Part 2: The 6 filters of adaptation
- The 6 major influences on adaptive response
- Strategies coaches can use to help focus adaptive resources
- The latest research on emotions and the role of stress in training response
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…