Lesson 19: Wrestling (with Andy Stone)
In this 62-minute lesson, wrestling coach and PE teacher Andy Stone discusses how to introduce concepts from wrestling into training, with examples of games to use as well as other training ideas we can take from the sport, including tumbling and grip strength training.
This product is available exclusively to HMMR Plus Members. Please sign up now to access. If you are having trouble accessing please contact us for support.
Lessons from wrestling
- Lessons from wrestling
- Defining conditioning
- Learning to handle the ground
- Getting started with gymnastics and rolling
- Transfer and specificity
- Examples of wrestling games
- Standing games and kneeling games
- Additional variations
- Tips, safety considerations, and mental setup
- Training design and duration
- Training grip strength
- Training neck strength
- Making training enjoyable
- Handling fear
- Mental toughness
- Mental and emotional skills training
Sorry, this content is for members only.
Click here to get access.
Already a member? Login below…